Exhaust fitting

Beeblebrox

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to find an exhaust for my b7 tdi 170 avant and have seen some second hand petrol stainless steel ones dose anyone know if these would fit the diesel also have seen this one on eBay link at the bottom and was wondering if it would fit also new to diesel so not sure about the exhaust but it shouldn't be a problem after all it is for to let the gas escape?. Any help would be appreciated many thanks Chris

link to eBay
AUDI A4 B7 04-08 2.0T STAINLESS STEEL CATBACK EXHAUST & TITANIUM LOOK TAILPIPES | eBay

those tips are ****ing ugly
for 300 you can get a custom fitted

When I got a few quotes places wanted £600-£700, one of the cheapest was powerflow but the guys at the Nottingham branch are a bunch of complete monkeys, really didn't want to take it there.

Someone posted a few weeks ago about having one custom made for a few hundred, can't remember who it was though? Or indeed where they had it done

Bear in mind that the price you pay may well be reflected in:

A) Quality of materials used (low grade stainless steel)
B) Quality of workmanship (poor welding and non-mandrel bends)
and to a lesser extent C) Poor fitment/alignment

Sorry but where could I get this made for £300 all the custom exhaust fabricators
in my area of slough want about £500 I would gladly pay £300 to have one built

PM me for a number or 2
and they dont use **** pipes or anything all top stuff and top fitting.

Slightly unrelated, but I have a 3.0TDI and did look at putting an aftermarket exhaust on, cutting a long story short, won't be putting one on as I am possibly changing the car, but in the mean time, has anyone had any experience putting straight tips on? Can I trim the turned down tip off and put a straight tip on?

M I J stainless steel exhausts in West midlands. (google it)
I went from single exit dual tips to a full catback dual exit quad tip custom system for £400 and its awesome!

Slightly unrelated, but I have a 3.0TDI and did look at putting an aftermarket exhaust on, cutting a long story short, won't be putting one on as I am possibly changing the car, but in the mean time, has anyone had any experience putting straight tips on? Can I trim the turned down tip off and put a straight tip on?

I believe someone has done this successfully... may not be a 3.0tdi but was a diesel with dual tips

I will drop the exhaust and have a look when I get the chance, want it to look OEM like the 2.0T.