1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust cleaner any ideas?

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by nicksthebiz, Jan 26, 2013.

1. nicksthebiz

nicksthebiz Member

Hi all
    My exhuast on my s3 is rather dirty tried cleaning with just sponge and normal wash n wax ... any ideas what could bring the shine back withiut damaging the metal underneath ??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. P_G

P_G Member

If you want proper automotive metal cleaners try Autosol or Optimum Metal Cleaner & Polish or short term fix would be Fair Powerspray if you have any in the kitchen cupboard. If your exhaust is Stainless steel it will work a treat.

4. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

I have tried Autosol and Auto Glym Metal Polish, Both very good, apply it to a cloth and rub as hard as you can and they should come up lovely !

005.jpg

5. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member
    Audi S4

Another vote for Autosol. If you want something to clean and then protect afterwards, the Britemax twins are supposed to be good though I have never used them myself... Britemax Metal Twins

6. valyboi

valyboi Member

Autosol is a great product higy recommend, bit of helbo grease and Gould come up lovely

7. dan-quattro

dan-quattro Member

+1 for autosol, still got a tube in my garage, great stuff

8. nicksthebiz

nicksthebiz Member

brilliant thanks for the help ill grab some auto sol and give it some lol what is the best thing to get it off if a soft cloth wont work ?

9. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

Another vote for autosol here

10. nicksthebiz

nicksthebiz Member

Autosol it is cheers again :)

11. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member
    Audi S4

The pros usually use a bit of #00 wire wool or #0000 wire wool for stubborn stuff. If you are struggling it might be you have some tar stuck on the tips and would need a tar remover first (lots to choose from). For the totally over the top "how to" guide, this comes to mind How to clean exhaust tips by Pomme - Car Care and Detailing - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Personally Tardis scares me, so I use CarPro Tar X or CarPro Trix.

12. Steven.c

Steven.c Auto-Motive Restored Deatail

As above, i use 00 grade wire wool with autosol to bring back to its original shine. you may get a few minor scratch marks if you look at it really close but if someone notice's them they are too close to your car in the first place :)