1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust centrebox removal

Oranoco Apr 24, 2009

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

My exhaust sounds more than a bit wimpy on my 1.8T Sport. I have fitted an aftermarket rear box that I had custom made for my last A4 and even when we chopped the old box off and ran it (come on we've all done it for a giggle) it was still as quiet as when the standard box was in place.

I've been thinking of cutting out the centre silencer and replacing it with a straight through section to make it a bit noisier. I don't want it to sound like the average McDonalds Racer Saxo but would like a bit of a burble from it.

Is it worth doing, anybody done it, did they put a section of pipe in to follow the original route or just add a straight section of pipe to bypass the box?

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Might be too loud then plus will do your head in on the motorway may be get a small res box which might do the trick.

3. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall Active Member

I've have a straight through pipe with a small rear box.. I like it but it is fairly loud.

4. joost

joost Active Member

[yt]YHCjmCxwTyk[/yt]

Stainless system with centre silencer removed and 200 cell sports cat (think my mate got a bit carried away with the revving though ha ha!)