1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust centrebox removal

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Apr 24, 2009]
    My exhaust sounds more than a bit wimpy on my 1.8T Sport. I have fitted an aftermarket rear box that I had custom made for my last A4 and even when we chopped the old box off and ran it (come on we've all done it for a giggle) it was still as quiet as when the standard box was in place.

I've been thinking of cutting out the centre silencer and replacing it with a straight through section to make it a bit noisier. I don't want it to sound like the average McDonalds Racer Saxo but would like a bit of a burble from it.

Is it worth doing, anybody done it, did they put a section of pipe in to follow the original route or just add a straight section of pipe to bypass the box?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 24, 2009]
    Might be too loud then plus will do your head in on the motorway may be get a small res box which might do the trick.
  4. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall ..got my head together!

[Apr 24, 2009]
    I've have a straight through pipe with a small rear box.. I like it but it is fairly loud.
  5. joost

joost Active Member

[Apr 24, 2009]
    [yt]YHCjmCxwTyk[/yt]

Stainless system with centre silencer removed and 200 cell sports cat (think my mate got a bit carried away with the revving though ha ha!)