1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust back box

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by loudchris53, May 22, 2012.

1. loudchris53

loudchris53 Member

I am looking at doing the facelift rear bumper but know that my exhaust pipes will be too far into the car so i am looking at solutions. I have found a 2009 tdi exhaust which looks the same as mine but has the pipes further out, my question is are the tdi and petrol exhaust back boxes the same or do i need one specifically for a 2.0 tfsi engine?

Cheers
    Chris

2. loudchris53

loudchris53 Member

No one knows?

Chris

3. Qua3ttro

Qua3ttro Member

(kind of piggyback'ing along on this topic because I may face a similar issue with a 3.2fsi)

Can't you just put some new exhaust tips on it, instead of swapping the exhaust itself? If so, what would be a good choice of tips?

#3 Qua3ttro, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. Kelvin_S

Kelvin_S Member

Just do a back box delete, after you get the bumper on. I would love to hear it on a petrol car.

5. Qua3ttro

Qua3ttro Member

ok, now maybe someone with a more sensible approach?

6. chris.vincent3

chris.vincent3 Own a BMW now, HOWEVER I still own VCDS!
    VCDS Map User

That is a sensible approach... If your going to hi-jack a thread at least listen to the ideas, and not be so rude about it.

7. Qua3ttro

Qua3ttro Member

OK, then maybe I misunderstood by thinking he suggested to remove the muffler, for which I apologize. Can you please elaborated on the suggested solution, what does it entail?

8. loudchris53

loudchris53 Member

tbh it is a stupid suggestion as i was looking for a solution to the question i asked and i am not going to remove the back box completely so it wasn't helpful!

Chris

9. 210_MIH

210_MIH Drive it like u stole it

any one require a genuine s3 cat? the whole middle exhaust bit is for sale.
    thanks

10. Qua3ttro

Qua3ttro Member

Thank you, I feel the same way, hence my initial response.

11. chris.vincent3

chris.vincent3 Own a BMW now, HOWEVER I still own VCDS!
    VCDS Map User

By doing a backbox delete you can choose how far the pipes come out of the bumper, which does cover your solution that your pipes will be too short. As for the question will a diesel exhaust fit a petrol, im sure its been asked before, use the search feature.

12. zx6rninja

zx6rninja Member

try these their worked on mine when i fitted the the different rear bumper (not everybodys taste thou) whttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AUDI-A3-SPORTBACK-2-0-2-0T-EXHAUST-TAILPIPE-TRIM-/280683331023?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415a07bdcf

13. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I agree with Chris here, I have a back box delete on my car and when we were fitting in the straight pipe I had a choice of how far out I wanted it. Not only does it look good, it also sounds good and makes the car a slight bit more responsive.

I know that did not answer your question exactly but it is an alternative suggestion