Exercise equipment advice needed!!

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Morning all, im after a bit of advice really, basically i want some form of exercise machine for inside the conservatory but space is a bit of an issue. What i'm thinking of is either a motorised treadmill which folds flat when not in use or an exercise bike, but the missus prefers the idea of a cross trainer. Basically does anyone know which will give the best benefit for cardio/calorie loss.
I'm also toying with the idea of a turbo trainer for my mountain bike to use in front of the tv with some 'ride dvd's' i have, ahem, acquired off the interweb but i dont think the missus will appreciate me bringing the bike inside in the winter dripping wet after my cycle ride home from work lol.

Any advice appreciated. Cheers, Dave.

Treadmill as it gets all areas moving where as the bike is just predominantly the legs, although it does get the cardio system going yes, but all round I'd go with the city apartment dog walker.

Tbh thats what i was swinging towards and i prefer the thoughts of a treadmill than the others, just got to try and convince the missus now, which will be easier said than done lol.

Cross trainer is proably best for all round cardio but i'd be tempted by the treadmill as it's something you can with very little energy when you've had a hard day.

My vote is the treadmill, an hour jog at a reasonable pace will burn off a 1000 calories easily which is roughly half your daily intake, can get a bit boring though....

Can't beat a Concept2 rowing machine. Mind you the ladies usually prefer a cross trainer...

Cheers.