1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exeo LED RNS-e or MK2 RNS-e

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by GeoffDunk, May 26, 2014.

1. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Active Member

[May 26, 2014]
    I am going to upgrade my Mk1 RNS-e to gain slight qucker response, better data storage in the SD cards and just a newer unit.

Choices are MK2 RNS-e or Exeo latest LED RNS-e unit.

Apart from having to swap out the fascia surround from my MK1 to the 2 is it worth it or should I just go for the Exeo LED latest unit?

Cheers all for any advice you can give?

Regards

Geoff
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. B120WNY

B120WNY Member

[Aug 25, 2014]
    I too would like to know the answer or how you got on? I'd prefer not to have the silver buttons and gloss surround so would happily swap my mk1 fascia onto an exeo to fit into my a3.
    How much work is a fascia swap?
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 25, 2014]
    easy to swap the fronts
  5. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Active Member

[Sep 5, 2014]
    I finally got this done, so I now have a B6 S4 with the latest Satnav and without the aluminium buttons and a gloss black surround. It looks identical to my RNS-e MK1 but has all of the up to date features of the RNS-e MK2.

The screen is a lot cleared and higher resolution, the difference is like night and day. The operation time Is far better, calculates routes quicker and just operates quick all round. SD cards are access quicker and the screen graphics details (shading etc.) are also better and more up to date.

Instead of a TV button I now have a media button and I believe its easier to add extra functionality to it.

I'd advise anyone after a RNS-e MK2 to go for the Seat Exeo version.

All I have to do now is change the SEAT splash screen for an Audi one and its complete.
  6. CADMonkey267

CADMonkey267 New Member

[Sep 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM]
    I did the same with my B7 A4. Swapped the concert 2+ radio/cd for an RNS-E from a Seat Exeo.
    Technically the RNS-E from the Exeo is exactly the same unit as the one in the 2010 A3, great bit of kit.