1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excuse the Ignorance

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GlasgowRangers, Feb 13, 2008.

1. GlasgowRangers

GlasgowRangers GlasgowRangersFC

[Feb 13, 2008]
    Hi guys.

Sorry for the absence but I have been enjoying my new toy. I took delivery 11 days ago and have been having the best fun ever with the new car. I just love it in everyway. Great to drive and I opted for the 18'' RS4 rims. I am well chuffed with the general quality feel and finish in the car having come from a Golf V.

Some questions though...the guys in Audi forgot to order the Englsih owners manual for me so I'm stuck with the Turkish version for the time being and can't understand a word of it.

When the boy was showing me around the car, he demonstrated the automatic wiper function/rain sensors. He just tapped the windshield with his finger and then they came on. Since then though they don't seem to work when I tap the screen or when rain comes on. I have fiddled around with the controls and think I may have turned it off. How do I switch it back on? Is there a setting on the stalk or something or do they remain automatic all the time?

Also, when I picked the car up, I noticed that there were some light swirl marks on the car even though I purchased brand new. Typical dealer prepping I suppose. I'm thinking of taking it to Ziebart for paint protection/swirl removal etc. Does anybody have any experience of them? Remember I live in Turkey and there isn't much in the way of options here. Ziebart seem to be about the best around here but which program would suit my car?

Cheers troops
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. GlasgowRangers

[Feb 13, 2008]
    Does nobody know the score on these foocking rain sensors and Ziebart??
  4. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

[Feb 13, 2008]
    Hi there. Good to hear your enjoying the car!

As far as the auto wipers are concerned, move the wiper stalk up one. This puts it in auto mode. The little wheel or switch on the stalk adjusts the sensitivity of it. Having it at the top has it at its most sensitive.

Hope this helps.

Coss
  5. GlasgowRangers

[Feb 13, 2008]
    Cheers matey. Should they do a wee quick swipe of the blades when I put them into auto mode and then remain normal?
  6. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

[Feb 13, 2008]
    No worries. When you put it in auto mode, it will wipe once then come to rest until something triggers them off. I guess living in Turkey they wont come on too often!
  7. GlasgowRangers

[Feb 13, 2008]
    Cheers Coss diamond geezer. Not having the owners manual is really pissing me off. It's on the way though with a free complimentary Audi baseball cap and other naff **** though to make up for the wait. Even when the guy was talking me through the car on delivery day I didn't know WTF he was on about.

I'll put the baseball cap on the rear parcel shelf.
  8. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

[Feb 13, 2008]
    lol! An Audi pen too?

Glad do have helped.
  9. steveg9

steveg9 Member

[Feb 13, 2008]
    but you have to switch them off and back on again each time you start the car - that is if you leave the switch in the ' auto' position it won't trigger a second time
  10. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

[Feb 13, 2008]
  11. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

[Feb 13, 2008]
    No you dont?? (Well, I dont anyway) :icon_thumright:
  12. steveg9

steveg9 Member

[Feb 13, 2008]
    OK..........
    :blow: :yes: :yes: :) :laugh:
    the rumours are true