1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent honest car ad

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cobstar, Jun 24, 2003.

1. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

2. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  3. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

POOR guy you have to feel for him !
  4. justin_1ss

justin_1ss Member

cant knock the guy though doesnt say much for the good old english reliability!
  5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  6. leespears1

leespears1 Member

at least when/if you went to have a look at the car, he wouldnt try and pull the wool over your eyes!
  7. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

To think, he actually paid a tenner to list it
  8. Cobstar

Cobstar New Member

I reckon the old shape CLK cabriolet looks much better ...

In the new shape they seemed to have 'hammered' down the bonnet and the boot !

As to being priced very expensive - the main thing is that they hold their values.. When I had my E36 M3 I lost 9 GRAND in ONE year due to depreciation !

If I had the CLK cab in that time - would most probably would have got back what I paid !

Even with the new CLK Coupe already out the old CLK is still holding up pretty well, I think the same will happen for the new CLK Cabriolet

9. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif -

I actually bought a Rover 220gti a good few years ago - I had it for about 2 months then got rid - what a complete pile of sh#te it was.

Head Gasket went
    clutch went
    then the gearbox blew up

Luckily I managed to sell it and get more for it than I paid for it. My mates still take the p#ss for me buying that to this day. I normally deny it and say they must have imagined it all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif
  10. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

The K-series twin cam Rover engine must be THE worst engine ever made! Head Gaskets go all the time - often repeatedly as there is a relief valve that seizes. Plus you only have to look at the cylinder head wrongly for it to warp LOL
  11. imported_xmaslolly76

imported_xmaslolly76 Guest

i am in the same boat i am afraid my hubby as purchased no less than four of the swining things each one being more trouble than the last we currently have a tom cat sat on the drive which we are trying to sell and no one wants it i think it is destined to sit and rot there as a constant reminder to him that if he even thinks about buying another one i shall slowly and painfully castrate him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  12. S3tony

S3tony Member

anyone else notice the nice picture under the bit where he says "i said buy me, not bite me." petetdi????!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

cheers tony