1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excel, set print area???

Ads Feb 25, 2010

1. Ads

Ads License to drive

Not sure what section this should go in; but mods, please don't move this to some dark corner of the site that no one visits plllleeaassseeeee :icon_thumright:

I've got a bit of a problem with Microsoft Excel. When you highlight the area you want to print and then select 'set print area' Excel is supposed to put a dotted line around the area so you know what will print and if it will fit on one page.

For some reason the dotted line doesn't appear anymore for me. It still sets the print area but I just don't get the dotted line.
    Seems to be file specific as well, as it still appears in other spreadsheets I use.

Had a look and can't find anyway to switch the dotted line back on.

Anybody know a fix??

2. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

Click view then page break preview

3. Ads

Ads License to drive

Thanks, but that's not really a fix. You can't work properly on spreadsheets in 'page break preview' view.

4. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Go to print preview and then close.

It should go back to the normal screen and the dots are there.

5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Go to print preview then close it, the lines should appear all the time then

6. Ads

Ads License to drive

Didn't work. :crying:

7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Hmmm, strange, not sure then, just had a look through and cant see why it wouldnt show, what version of Excel are you using??

8. Ads

Ads License to drive

Same here, can't see anything that relates to settings of 'set print area'.
    I'm using Excel 2002.

9. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Re-boot your computer.

10. Ads

Ads License to drive

Ah yes, the good old reboot.
    Tried. And failed.

Thinking about it, I could probably copy and paste the whole thing into a fresh spreadsheet where the page breaks work, but now I come to think about it I remember this problem has happened before so would like to get to the bottom of it really.

11. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

How about time for an upgrade?

12. Ads

Ads License to drive

You paying (or downloading)? :whistle2: