1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exactly 1 year on...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by slimbloke, Aug 2, 2005.

1. slimbloke

slimbloke Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    Bought the 3.2Q exactly a year ago, and within 2 days I have had the Airbag light come on constantly, and the emission light (the one that looks like an engine block) flash (like an indicator light) for a few minutes a couple of times too when putting my foot down! It's like a timer that makes you take the car back to Audi after 12 months or something! Grrr...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    Oh sh*t, only seven months left!

Please keep us posted with the outcome, and best of luck to you...
  4. simonl

simonl Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bought the 3.2Q exactly a year ago, and within 2 days I have had the Airbag light come on constantly, and the emission light (the one that looks like an engine block) flash (like an indicator light) for a few minutes a couple of times too when putting my foot down! It's like a timer that makes you take the car back to Audi after 12 months or something! Grrr...

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me about it, my cars sounds like a bag of nails... rattles everywhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  5. slimbloke

slimbloke Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    I had the usual knocking rear suspension, which I had fixed, then a noisy aircon fan, which they fixed... then nothing... perfect car for so long. Weird how it was exactly a year on for the new stuff (no rattles though).

What does the emessions light indicate... is it something that covers general engine management or just the exhaust gases?
  6. slimbloke

slimbloke Member

[Aug 4, 2005]
    well dropped the car off at 8am, and at 9am I got a call to say that:

Engine manamement light coming on a couple of times was a single missfire, almost certainly caused by bad petrol (I thinink I filled up at some petrol station that I hadn't seen before, and was probably 95 RON too)

Airbag light on... dirty contact under the seat somewhere. cleaned and light now gone.