1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVOMS a bit loud

ADi Nuff Valves Nov 10, 2012

1. Just fitted an EVOMS v-flow to the S3 and although I like the noise of full chat the darth vadar impression when just driving normally I'm finding a bit much. Is there anyway of making these things a bit quieter? I think I read that ITG do a quieter version with an enclosed filter. Is there an equivalent for the EVOMS kit?

Even though i'm not really happy with it, here are some obligatory pics anyway:
    IMG_0896.jpg IMG_0897.jpg

2. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

I loved the big sooks and wooshes (are either of them words?). Looks familiar too, shame you're not keen on it.

3. You dont' reckon putting the modified engine cover on will help quieten it down a bit do you? I'm guessing not as it's probably down to the open cone filter.

4. MartayMcFly

No, the cover doesn't make any difference to the noise.

5. Factory filter has gone back on (mainly because of the weird knock I was getting as mentioned in the other thread). Will probably give it another go if I can get to the bottom of that.

6. DeckedS3

DeckedS3 Well-Known Member

I love the noise of the EVOMS! I think it's loud because of the material it's made of.I tried the ITG but I swapped back, the build was a bit bodge if you ask me, it pulled less g/s than the EVOMS and didn't sound as good IMO. The original Forge CAI is quieter and pulls similar g/s to the EVOMS.

7. Jonse

Jonse Active Member

Bit of a thread steal but where can you buy one of these? Or a video to hear it?

8. MartayMcFly

9. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

This is the new ITG enclosed filter. Very very nice noise, its like OEM but more prominent and no grinding like forge when sometimes I felt like something is rubbing on the passenger side. Its very quite when you drive normally but gets loud when you put foot down. Soft and pleasant even my missus likes it:]

[​IMG]

10. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team V8 Audi RS4 Audi Avant Owner Group s tronic

Like that new enclosed ITG filter.....kinda looks OEM.

11. Jonse

Jonse Active Member

Now Where can you buy that from?

12. RedDejavu

from awesome GT or APR. Its not cheap but quality is amazing very light and easy to fit. Much recommended. I could even give you a phone number to APR Headquaters so you can see if they could do a deal for you mate.

13. Acheron

Acheron Active Member

Any chance you could record the sound for us? :)

...considering replacing my EVOMS because it can get a little too "throaty" for a daily driver.

14. RedDejavu

You would need to wait till I get my scheduled oil change done mate as atm I had to drop the Induction kit off the car and fit stock intake temporary as I had an oxygen sensor problem and it has had to be replaced under warranty by Audi stealers and now I just wait for the service next week and then after that I will put the induction kit back on.

15. Yeah I would like to hear what that sounds like too.

16. Acheron

Acheron Active Member

Quite amusing actually. I know the owner :)

17. Ha! Does he still have it? I see the post was made back in 2010.

18. S.

S. Save the manuals Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Manual

that looks so good!! had a similar plan with my itg intake...