Evolve remap...

sage33e

sage33e
Reaction score
Well, over the summer I decided to take the plunge and get a remap for my Audi A4 Cab 2.5tdi. After a lot of searching around, I went with Evolve in Luton who did me a deal on a stock remap.

I booked the car in and turned up about 10am. First things first, the guys there were very polite, and started by running diagnostics on the car so as to check for any error codes. Luckily, there were none.

Next was the rolling road, which to my surprise threw out the reading of 187bhp!!!!!!!!!! The car is the 163bhp version, not the 180bhp (which has different engine internals), so I was a little taken aback as you can imagine.

Having been promised circa 200bhp, there wassn't really much room for manouevre, which was a pain..and this seemed to catch the guys out a little as well.

Nevertheless, they managed to eke out another 12 bhp and about 20ftlbs of torque and sharpen up the throttle response.

In terms of driveability, the torque kicks in a little earlier and is more forceful at about 2200rpm. The extra power is notable, but its the pulling power in lower gears which is much improved, as is the acceleration response.

Not bad for £200 all in - I'd definitely recommend them again, and when I change my car (wife's expecting again) I'll go back to them again too.

Anyone wanting any advice and further info let me know!!!