1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European headlight adjust?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Alex_RS6, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Alex_RS6

Alex_RS6 Member

Hi guys

Heading over to Europe soon in my RS6 and realized that I need to change my headlights so they don't dazzle oncoming traffic.

Do you guys that take your A6's over to Europe, get Audi to adjust them for you before you go, or do you do something else?

Appreciate the feedback :friends:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member
    VCDS Map User

In my experience, the Europeans dont bother when they come over here, so why should you. But, if you feel that its nessesary, then go down to halfords and get the patches that will fit over your headlights, i wouldn't bother going to a dealer, because then you will be in violation of UK traffic regulations also.

4. Alex_RS6

Alex_RS6 Member

Well the dealer has been rubbish at returning any of my calls this week about this, so I might just leave it. Thinking about it, I will probably be doing more 'dark' driving on the out and return UK legs of the trip. So as long as I don't use the car too much at night in Europe then I should be ok.

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

Do the headlights not have levers to swap them left to right? Older Audis do, might be worth checking the owners handbook

6. Alex_RS6

Alex_RS6 Member

You would think so, but the handbook says the switch must be done by a qualified Audi mechanic.

I think I will just get the AA headlight stickers once I get to the shops at the Eurotunnel.

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

I don't think the switchable headlights are on the C6 model anymore.

Is this any use?

[​IMG]

#6 quattrojames, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009