1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

Hello

i was just wondering if it was possible to purchase a copy (legal of course!) of ETKA?

thanks

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

You can & it requires monthly licensing costs for updates & an initial amount I believe

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Alternatively you can purchase a copy on eBay for around £5.00 to £10.00. Providing it's for your own personal use and not for use in connection with a business, I personally don't see any problems.

Updates can be download from an US website www.tourareg.com. I think the latest version of ETKA is 7.1 (maybe 7.2) and the latest update is 764. The eBay versions do not come with any prices.

This is what a number of the members of this forum, myself included, have. If you do purchase a copy and nedd any help installing or obtaining the updates just come back and ask.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

5. h5djr

You're right about the site name and the updates 747 and 748 were only added yesterday. I shall now update my ETKA accordingly.

6. h5djr

ETKA for VW and Audi now updated to the latest 748 update!!!

7. S3-Dan

S3-Dan Quattro

what on earth is ETKA guys ?

8. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

thank you - NHN and h5djr helped alot!

S3-Dan:

ETKA is the software which holds all the parts and part numbers for cars produced by the VW group!

quoted by wiki:
    ETKA is the electronic parts catalogue for Volkswagen Group cars, including Volkswagen, SEAT, Skoda and Audi. It is produced by LexCom.

hope that helps!

9. Lima

Lima AUSmotive.com

I think I know the answer, but ETKA won't work on Mac OS X will it?

10. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro Manual

Not out of the box Lima as far as I know, but you could always run a virtual pc http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads version of windows, and run ETKA on that. It's what I do on my Linux Box :)

EDIT: Obviously this would require a copy of Windows and Licence to work...

11. Lima

Lima AUSmotive.com

Yeah, thought as much. :icon_thumright: