1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ETKA 64 BIT....

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S3 Dave, Jul 24, 2011.

1. S3 Dave

S3 Dave Now running on Heavy Oil

Hi,
    Has anyone got etka working on Win 7 64bit..........?????
  2. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

Never had a problem here.
  3. S3 Dave

S3 Dave Now running on Heavy Oil

Where did u get your copy from mate??
  4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

If i remember correctly my friend has to run his ekta on windows x p.
  5. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

It'll work on anything if you know what you're doing ;). lol!

[​IMG]

ELSAwin needs to run on a virtual machine as it wont work on x64 due to being a 16bit program.

[​IMG]
  6. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Not too sure about ETKA but the latest instructions that came with my copy of ELSAWIN 3.90 say that it will NOT run correctly in any 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Vista or Windows XP and suggest that the Windows Virtual PC environment (available free from Microsoft) is used.
  7. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

I would run xp mode & use this for etka etc, so it seperates elsa/etka from your main usage, incase it goes tits up with an update, which it can & then requires reinstalling & sometimes this requires a whole OS reinstall to get working again, hence why I always use a virtual for all my auto software.
  8. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I use an old 3.0gz Pent 4 machine for all my auto stuff at home with XP on it, seems to be the best.

On my Mac i run a VM for elsa and Etka, but Autodata wasn't happy in a VM, so dint bother with that mobile for now
  9. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I run both my desktop and laptop using Windows XP with a dual-boot to Windows 7. I also use VM Ware for quite a few bits of software and stiff I don't want to contaminate my main area but I have used both Elsawin and Etka in the main part of my desktop for many years without any problems. Only once have I had to re-install Elsawin because of a problem and that only affected Elsawin and not the OS.

If your happy using a virtual machine then fine but if you not there should be no problem installing it into 32-bit XP or even 32-bit W7.
  10. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

i have elsa and etka running on my 32bit windows 7 ultimate on laptop and desktop with no issues.
    64 bit does not work so like the guys said setup virtual pc or VM ware and run it in that. IIRC virtual PC for windows 7 home premium is not free. stupid microsoft!
  11. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

If the Microsoft virtual pc is not free, look at the VM Ware website. You can download a free copy of VM Player which is actually better that the Microsoft version and it is free. I have a copy on my both my desktop and laptop and it works very well. You will need some media to install the OS into the virtual machine and once installed it's very easy to swap between the host and the virtual machines.

I current have several virtual machines running with Windows XP as the OS and various versions of Office as I still prefer Office 2000/2003 (Excel in particular) but the charity I do some work for as a volunteer has just changed to Office 2007. With VM Player it allows me to design the spreadsheets for them in 2000 and then check everything is OK when it is used in 2007. Works like a dream.
  12. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Yeah MS in there wisdom only let XP Mode aka virtual pc work foc on 7 Pro & Ultimate, pita but alas.
  13. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Yup, means I can only install on my desktop & not my laptop so I've got it on my old xp laptop as I wanted it kept apart.
  14. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Try VMware Player from VM Ware. I have it on my laptop and it works like a dream. It's easy to install and use.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011