1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estoril Blue touch up paint not available from Audi

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by smokeymike, Apr 3, 2014.

1. smokeymike

smokeymike Active Member
    Audi Q5

Visited my local Audi dealer to buy a pack of Estoril Blue touch up for my new S3 in case of any stone chips etc. They told me the touch up sticks are not available and this is now regarded as an exclusive colour. All they could give me was the paint code X5P. Has anyone else out there experienced the same problem? Chipex do a pack "guaranteed to be a 100% match for original paint" but I've never used it before and don't know if it's any good or not. Suggestions/solutions welcomed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MA3RC

MA3RC Well-Known Member
    Team Brill Red Audi Sport Owner Group Team Glacier Audi A3 Audi A1

I bought a chipex system for my brilliant red. It is 100% bang on! An easier colour to match yes but none the less it's good stuff

4. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member
    Supporter

You'll have a local paint supplier smokeymike (one who prepares paint for ChipsAway, etc) who'll 'match' your actual paint/panel (and they WILL be different) and they'll provide what you need at a cost effective price.

I had my own Cornflower blue and Sahara silver done recently by Breakwells Paints in Bloxwich, West Midlands; they took 30-minutes on each car to perfect the match but the results were dogs bo**ocks perfect.

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  5. Louay

Louay Well-Known Member

Chipex kit arrived a few days ago for my estoril blue. Giving it to my detailer to use when I get the car detailed.

6. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

Was thinking of getting one of these chipex kits. Anygood?