Estoril Blue touch up paint not available from Audi

smokeymike

Reaction score
Visited my local Audi dealer to buy a pack of Estoril Blue touch up for my new S3 in case of any stone chips etc. They told me the touch up sticks are not available and this is now regarded as an exclusive colour. All they could give me was the paint code X5P. Has anyone else out there experienced the same problem? Chipex do a pack "guaranteed to be a 100% match for original paint" but I've never used it before and don't know if it's any good or not. Suggestions/solutions welcomed.

I bought a chipex system for my brilliant red. It is 100% bang on! An easier colour to match yes but none the less it's good stuff

Visited my local Audi dealer to buy a pack of Estoril Blue touch up for my new S3 in case of any stone chips etc. They told me the touch up sticks are not available and this is now regarded as an exclusive colour. All they could give me was the paint code X5P. Has anyone else out there experienced the same problem? Chipex do a pack "guaranteed to be a 100% match for original paint" but I've never used it before and don't know if it's any good or not. Suggestions/solutions welcomed.

You'll have a local paint supplier smokeymike (one who prepares paint for ChipsAway, etc) who'll 'match' your actual paint/panel (and they WILL be different) and they'll provide what you need at a cost effective price.

I had my own Cornflower blue and Sahara silver done recently by Breakwells Paints in Bloxwich, West Midlands; they took 30-minutes on each car to perfect the match but the results were dogs bo**ocks perfect.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Chipex kit arrived a few days ago for my estoril blue. Giving it to my detailer to use when I get the car detailed.

Was thinking of getting one of these chipex kits. Anygood?