1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Essex RR Day Nightmare - Bhp Problems Resolved by AmD

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ade_D, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Ade_D

Ade_D Member

[Mar 19, 2005]
    Well, kind of, not sure if there ever was a problem to be honest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

As i'm sure a lot of you were aware my results on the RR day in Witham were not too good with my S3 only reaching 203ish bhp.

Up to this point i was blissfully unaware that there was a problem with the car. The results, however, prompted me to buy a diag cable and VAG-COM and a few of you helped me out to attempt to diagnose the problem. As my skills here are pretty limited and the results were not obvious i eventually decided to book the car into AmD.

I arrived there yesterday at 9am (after leaving Cornwall at 5am!) and there were working on the car on and off all day! Despite this all they found wrong was a clutch switch. The guy's there were brilliant and checked everything (MAF, Preassure test, Dump Valve & loads more that i can't remember). A big thanks goes out to them all if any of them are reading this.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

They put it on the RR road at the end of the day (after a pit of persuasion from myself) to satisfy my mind that it actually was OK and it ran fine reaching 268.8 bhp @ 5391 rpm & 276.4 lb ft @ 4688.

Not sure what happened on the day in Essex but i can't believe that a clutch switch would make that much difference and the car feels no different now than it did then.....

Anyway here's my results from Yesterday on AmD's rollers...

Bhp
    [​IMG]

Torque
    [​IMG]

Ade
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. Defratos

Defratos YouÂ’re Dethpicable!!

[Mar 19, 2005]
    nice nice mate, I like the graph lol, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
  4. NWMark

NWMark Member

[Mar 19, 2005]
    that is a lovely flat torque curve.

Mark