ESP warning

dope

alcoholic pervert
Reaction score
Chaps.

The ESP warning light stays lit up on my 1.8T 190. The ESP button makes no difference to it, nor does switching the ignition off and back on.

Seems I'm stuck in wheelspin mode.

Any ideas?

I had a coilpack changed yesterday and it's associated fault code cleared. Maybe they disconnected the battery? The clock didn't setting so I guess they probably didn't...

Best way to put it on vag com to find out,

on mine it was a sensor cant remember what it called but cost me 200 quid to solve it

Hmmm. I'm beginning to see there would be a cost saving benefit of having my own vag com thing. Is there a PC cable/software/cheap option?

I've had a Google and apparently brake light bulbs can make the ESP light come on - and both my brake light bulbs have gone so I'll change them later and see what happens.

Is the third brakelight still working? If not it could be the brake light switch on the pedal as thats a common error too.

Yeah James - the top one is working. I know one side bulb has been out a while and that the second one must have gone pretty much the same time as the warning came on so fingers crossed.

I'll change them after work today (trying not to drop the bolt inside the trim!) and post back then.

Cheers.

Dont you just love it when it only costs a few quid to sort a problem :yes: