1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP on or off in snow ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_roydonaldson, Feb 24, 2005.

1. imported_roydonaldson

imported_roydonaldson Guest

Hi there,

With the past few days of snow and ice out and about, I was wondering if we should be running our cars
    with all the electronic controls on or off ? (S3's with quattro). I was sure I'd heard somewhere suggested to turn ESP off, but am unsure whether it would just be better to drive in higher gears and leave all the electronic wizardry on or not ?

Cheers,
    Roy.
  2. chuckys3

chuckys3 Member

if u have snow chains on then turn it off
  3. marctwo

marctwo Member

I can understand why you might want it off with snow chains but on a generally wet/icy road why would you switch it off??
  4. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

i find the car is better with it off
  5. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

If the road is wet or icy then leave it on, but he is aksing "if you are in snow" in which case the wheels will always spin and the ESP will kick in, so leave it off.
  6. marctwo

marctwo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If the road is wet or icy then leave it on, but he is aksing "if you are in snow" in which case the wheels will always spin and the ESP will kick in, so leave it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification.