1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP - on/off/half-off?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jjmurphy21187, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

Done a search with no answers. My mate who has a RS4 has just said that he thinks in an RS4 you can select between ESP: On, Off, Half-off. Half-off is selected by a single press of the ESP button and Off by holding the button down. He said that the 'Off' feature is an RS4 only feature...

I find this odd, and frankly won't believe it until its confirmed from multiple reliable sources. Surely the button is there for when you want to turn the traction control off, so what you push the button, it's off. Perhaps RS4s have a 'half-off' setting which other models don't, this is much more feasible.

Can anyone confirm this??
  2. Simon

Simon Member

I recall being at a dyno session where an rs4 couldn't get a decent run in because he esp wasn't all the way off.... He was told to press and hold for 10 seconds, this was about 7 years ago though!
  3. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

That makes sense, having a 'half-off' function for the performance of the RS4, i.e. you want to have a bit of fun but stay out of hedges.

I just don't believe that all other A4s can only turn it half-off...