esp light on looking for somone in the know :)

meerkat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
just purchased a 53 plate facelift a3 2.0 tdi (bkd) had esp light on so was just hoping a simple fault code and just change of a sensor.plugged in snap on solus scanner and getting codes,00810 sensor 1/2 for brake pressure no or wrong adaption,00778 steering angle sensor wrong or no adaption (g85) and 01423 lateral acceleration sensor (g200)no or wrong adaption. all codes wont clear!heard about abs modules causing hassle but they seem to bring up 01425??not sure if cars been worked on or anything the guy just said it came on 1 day.is there a way of re adapting these sensors and why all 3 codes?its puzzled me

sorry i mean the later looking shape with bigger lights.cheers for the link looks like maybe everthing has lost its basic setting for some reason :\.doesnt look like it had any crash damage before looking from underneath and hpi clear.are there people on here that have the ross tech program that can carry out basic settings? rather than audi :(

sorry i mean the later looking shape with bigger lights.cheers for the link looks like maybe everthing has lost its basic setting for some reason :\.doesnt look like it had any crash damage before looking from underneath and hpi clear.are there people on here that have the ross tech program that can carry out basic settings? rather than audi :(

Click on the UK map on this forum to find someone local :- http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vcds-formerly-vag-com-forum/84603-%2A%2A%2Avcds-users-map%2A%2A%2A.html

just 1 other thing this ross tech company i hear about im guessing its a computer program you can get with cable?is it very expensive to buy?just be really usefull to have especially for work!

just 1 other thing this ross tech company i hear about im guessing its a computer program you can get with cable?is it very expensive to buy?just be really usefull to have especially for work!

Send a PM to NHN on this forum. He sells the genuine cable and you download the program from the R-T website. Costs about £250 which includes all updates and support for life.

Meerkat, where abouts are you based?
Sounds like you need to perform a basic setting in the abs module to resolve the issue, I usually get this after I have installed a cruise control kit

hi ash im in swindon but could probably bring to you,what would you charge me to have a look?definatly gonna be looking to get the cable and program in future

still not managed to get this light off :(.seems there is nobody local with vagcom :S.does anybody know if disconecting battery readapt the abs module?

As Ash said before mate, you need to perform basic settings, and the only way by doing so us with VCDS.
You have two options, but a genuine cable from NHN or travel to someone who has VCDS, even if it means an hour or so drive.
Both options will still be a lot cheaper than taking to the dealers, and then they will probably say you need a new ABS module, lol.

guess il have to go for a long drive then or wait until i can afford the cable.is it possible to check if timings out with the vag?have slightly lumpy idle and read a lot about timing problems being the cause.just taken belt cover off and can see rear cam is in a differant position from what it has been at some point as circle marks from where 13mm bolts have been before!be nice to check before messing about taking all covers off and pining the cams

cheapest ive seen on ebay is around 350,theres a guy offering a cable and access to his program for 35 :3.hes only got 3 feedback mind so have to keep an eye.im guessing its all fairly simple to use like a snap on.be good to see somone use

Nigel(NHN) is an official supplier of the cable, his price is roughly £250 give or take a few quid. Many of us here have bought from him including myself.

That guy on eBay, that will be for you going to him! No one with a genuine cable would loan it out for £35 unless you also give a £250 deposit to cover loss or damage.

Nigel(NHN) is an official supplier of the cable, his price is roughly £250 give or take a few quid. Many of us here have bought from him including myself.

That guy on eBay, that will be for you going to him! No one with a genuine cable would loan it out for £35 unless you also give a £250 deposit to cover loss or damage.

+1

looks like i will.where abouts are you in london?will i get caught up in olympics traffic?could do today

finally got the vcds cable!yippee.just been getting used to the basics all i need to do now is figure how to do these basic settings before i go playing around to much lol.think il have a play with a scrap golf we have at work before i do my own car :s

finally got the hex can cable today and not hex com!!!got into my brake settings 03 and just trying to get confident in carrying out the brake basic settings.looking at ross tech instructions there is a choice of 3 types of abs unit so how do i find excactly which mine is?im guessing the mk60 but dont want to mess it up :S.also it says After successful basic setting, the Steering Limit Stop needs to be adapted too.is that fairly simple?any advice appreciated :)

yipee finally got round to sorting this tonite and after 15 mins sorted!cant believe how easy it is to do all this.vcds was well worth the money and am very impressed with it!instructions are really clear and simple!!