1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP light on for some strange reason??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Gib, May 2, 2014.

1. Gib

Gib Member

[May 2, 2014]
    Tonight my friend and I changed the passenger side wheel bearing as it was FUBAR'd! getting to it was bad enough as it looked like it has never been changed.

We put everything back together but there seems to be some little faults. When we put the hub back on the ABS ring had a small bend in it which I took care of trying the remove it and make it straight again, The steering wheel has decided to adjust itself so now sits on a angle instead of being straight. And just driving home I went into a corner and the ESP light has come on and will not go off.

I am wondering if I have knocked something causing the ESP light to come on as its never had an issue since I bought the car. Is there anyone in the Cumbria area who as vagcom to give a test?

Also any ideas on what it could be…….

Many thanks Rich
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. rupe

rupe A3 TQS

[May 3, 2014]
    The steering wheel not being straight will throw the steering angle sensor off which will bring the esp light on.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  4. Gib

Gib Member

[May 3, 2014]
    Many thanks! Hopefully tracking will sort that issue then!
  5. rupe

rupe A3 TQS

[May 3, 2014]
  6. Gib

Gib Member

[May 3, 2014]
    Just to update on this got the tracking sorted out - was out a bit! after the tracking was sorted the ESP light still remained on… but after a few miles of driving has decided to turn itself of???