ESP fault.

wilsons3

Reaction score
Pulled out of a junction quite quickly this morning, "ESP fault" popped up on the DIS, immediately pulled into a car park I was passing sat idle for 5 minutes or so, turned the car off for 2 minutes, waited, started again still there had somewhere to be so I nursed it out the car park back onto the road after a minute or so it disappeared never to be seen again, gave it the beans a little bit on the way home didn't re-appear.

Anyone had this issue or none issue as the case may be before? read somewhere that sometimes if the battery is low it can make it pop up no idea if that's correct?

I had this on my a3 2007 2.0 tdi sline 140

Sent it to the dealer and It turned out to be corroded abs sensor and had my hub replaced too never had a problem since

My abs light use to come on wen I hit around 50-70 mph If it comes back on check your abs sensors clean them up and check your hub

Worth getting it scanned to see if any codes appear. It seems to be quite a common issue. I had it on mine recently and it was linked to the ignition coil, so I had the coil pack and spark plugs replaced. There are a few threads on here about it, however, that's once knowing the fault codes.

Good luck