1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP Dashboard light???

Mr.G May 19, 2009

1. Mr.G

Mr.G Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Hi all..

I've not been around here much recently. Been rather busy, detailed my car again and lifes little pleasures are keeping me busy! :)

Anyhoooo

My ESP light has been coming on randomly. I thought a fuse at first although i've not checked. But now today it's back after being off for a few weeks. Also my headlight (mainly the right one) seems to have a mind of its own. Points to the floor then if i switch them off/on off/on a few times they level.

Could this be a sensor problem? Will be getting it on VAGCOM soon but wanted to ask your advice!

Thanks all

G

2. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

My advise would be to get it on VagCom and see what is going on there before anything as that could be a number of things.

The headlight issue might be a problem with the levelling motor, but I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with that, so not really sure. I think I saw some threads on that here, so searching might give you an answer.

3. FazS3

FazS3 Member

The ESP light sounds like a latitudnal or longtitudnal sensor mate, once you can scan with vagcom though it will give you the fault code.

4. dan-quattro

dan-quattro Member

My ESP and ABS light's were both constantly on, turns out the rear speed sensors are gone so they are being replaced tomorrow.