ESP button

psmurphy

Reaction score
In the s3 8p does the ESP button have a multifunction ie click to turn off ESP hold down for 3 seconds to turn off EDS/ASR ? searched but no definitive answer

cheers

Depending on model year. Mine is my09 and it works that way.

For the Facelift S3, pressing the ESP button turns ESP off (message displayed), holding the ESP button for 5+ seconds turns ESP/ASR off (message displayed) and pressing the ESP button after either one of the first two scenarios will turn ESP/ASR On (message displayed).

In the Pre-facelift S3, either pressing or holding the ESP button turns ESP off (message displayed), pressing it again after either one of the first two scenarios will turn ESP/ASR On (message displayed).

One Pre-facelift owner thoroughly tested holding down the ESP button which displays the same message as just pressing it, however he was adamant that holding it did also disable the ASR as well despite the DIS displaying the same message as only pressing it. He found that when holding the ESP button, the message wouldn't come up on the DIS till after the 5 seconds, rather than instantly when just pressing it, however no other pre-facelift owners (including myself) could get the same result as either pressing or holding instantly displayed the message for us (page 2 & 3): http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...o-now-to-increase-1-4-mile-time.289402/page-2

Reactions: psmurphy
thanks for the replys

nothing in the manual that i could find.

mine is a 2007 model so is that pre or post facelift? how can you tell a pre/post facelift 8p?

You've got the same as me then so yours is a pre-facelift, these were produced from 2006 to mid 2008 and the facelift was produced from mid 2008 to the end of the 8P's production in 2012.

Here are the differences with the facelift:
  • Head Lights (different style, come with LED DRL's)
  • Grill, Front Bumper, Bonnet, Wings & Slam Panel Sizes
  • Wing Mirrors (now have the side indicators on them instead)
  • Fog Surrounds
  • Tail Lights
  • Alloys
  • More Internal Aluminium Trim
  • Improved Emissions
  • Gen 4 Haldex
  • CDLA Engine (same power as the BHZ engine)
  • DSG (Optional)
If you google each one, you'll be able to see the difference, the headlights are the most obvious one.

Reactions: psmurphy