ESP button...?

Peloton

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Picked my S3 up yesterday & I'm absolutely loving it! :racer:
The ESP question is regarding where the button would be situated. I'm pretty sure when I took it a test drive last week, the button was down next to the handbrake. When I got home with it yesterday I looked down to find it had disappeared! The panel where the button was has been replaced with a small storage duct thing. When I phoned the dealership to get on their case about it, the salesguy tried to tell me he knew nothing about it being there in the first place, he even tried to test my knowledge by asking what it did! He also stated if it did have ESP the button would have been situated on the dash. I'm about 90% positive it was down next to the handbrake. I was adamant with him it had been taken out so he said he'd speak to the mechanics about it & phone me back tomorrow. The car's going back in next week anyway to get an MOT (something they didn't have time for) so they can put it back in then.
Just for that bit more ammo if he tries to fleece me, would the ESP button normally be on the dash or would it be down next to the handbrake?

Thanks for any help.

What year is it? It should be on the right of the dash in the middle of two other buttons which are blanks. The hazard warning lighnt button and cup holder will be to the left of it.

It's an early 2000 pre face-lift model. This is strange then, I'm positive it was down there. :confused:

esp was introduced on the facelifts. The earlier models only had traction control and abs.

DPM said:
why would they remove the button, thats what i can't understand!

After much wondering on that one ourselves, we came up with the reason it could have been knackered so to save fixing it they just took it out. :confused:

Peloton said:
After much wondering on that one ourselves, we came up with the reason it could have been knackered so to save fixing it they just took it out. :confused:

Mine is a 2000 with ESP and the button is on the dash as stated above clearly marked 'ESP'.

This sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory to me.

Are you sure the thing next to the handbrake wasn't a Cadbury's button? If so it's probably a good job the stealers have stolen it considering the current health scare!

I think it is probably just a pre ESP car.

Regards,

B.

hmmm well not much I can say really, I was sure I seen one there but by the sounds of things it shouldn't have been there either way.

I have got a pre facelift 2000 S3 and the ESP button is on the dash next to the right hand heated seat switch. As far as i am aware there are no buttons by the handbrake. Hope this helps.

Aaron

I have figured out where I seen the illusive button! It was in the Seat Leon Cupra Sport. I think I test drove a couple too many cars that day. :undwech: