1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP and flashing glow plug icon. Lateral acceleration sensor?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Taff D, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Taff D

Taff D Member

[Jun 22, 2012]
    Hi All

I think I have two coincidentally occurring faults. A few weeks ago I noticed the ESP light coming on, and it still does after approximately 7 miles! Or 10 mins of driving I'm not sure which. I also had flashing glow plug indicators. Now after reading here I got a new brake light switch which seems to have sorted the flashing glow plug, however, that fault was intermittent anyway. But the ESP light still comes on after a while. I have read it could be caused by many things expensive and cheap to sort. Could I just go to my local VW to get it diagnosed? Nearest Audi dealer is in Carlisle, 35 miles away! Or anyone in Workington with VAGCOM?

Or could someone recommend a cable from ebay, I only have tower unit so can only get the car to within 8 metres of the machine. Can you extend them with usb cables?

I had to replace 4 way box last month as indicators stopped working properly, I hope it's not the start of an electrical meltdown.

Regards

Taff
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]