1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP and another warning light both on

mandyray Aug 19, 2011

1. mandyray

mandyray Member

Hi everyone,

Since last week the ESP warning light is showing on the dash of my '05 A3 TDi Sport, and this morning another one joined the party:

[​IMG]

I couldn't find it in the manual - is it the engine management or emissions light? It's booked in for a diagnostics check on Monday at Russell Automotive Centre, London, who quoted £36-70 for a check - whereas Audi quoted £140.

Anyone ever had the same problem? Worried that this is going to be a pricey fix as both lights are on. :s

2. jrsteeve

jrsteeve Member

That's the emissions light, currently got that and the glow plug light flashing on my dash at the moment! Lesson learned, stick to a petrol engine!

3. mandyray

mandyray Member

Cheers, hope you get yours sorted.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Grab yourself a vcds mate, then you can diagnose yourself this time & going forward, pays for itself easily & convenience factor, PM me if you're interested in 1.

5. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

Same happened on my 1.6 petrol, id been on holiday an came home a week later, it was fine until petrol light came on and these came om, as soon as i put petrol in they went off, my mechanics theory was leave it until they come back on or if it seems to run suspiciously

6. mandyray

mandyray Member

It was a faulty ABS module / brake pressure sensor - apparently a common fault in A3s between 2004-2008. The garage said it would normally cost in excess of £1000 to replace the module but can repair it for £569 inc! :(

They've also advised me to replace the cam belt soon as the car is at 45k - how much should I expect to pay for that?

7. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

Cambelts shouldn't need changing yet, it's every 80k isn't it? I would give it another 10-15k before a new cambelt