1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESP/ABS Warning Lights Help/Advice

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by henry74, Aug 3, 2010.

1. henry74

henry74 Member

Guys

On Saturday my ABS and ESP warning lights decided to come on after travelling approx. 200 metres down the road. I stopped the car, turned the ignition off and re-started and all appeared fine (the two lights went out a few seconds after start-up and stayed off). However yesterday, on my way home from work, they decided to come on again (had no problems on the way to work!) so I did the same stop, ignition off and re-start routine to see if there was any obvious signs of a cause (about 5 times in all over a distance of 16 miles - country roads) which there weren't. Decided to investigate further if still a problem this morning (which of course it wasn't!) and this afternoon all seemed well until 2 miles from home when they suddenly appeared again. Has anyone else had a similar problem and more importantly, is there anyone in the Bournemouth/Ringwood area that could VAG.com a diagnosis in exchange for a few beer tokens?!?

Cheers in advance

Richard :think:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hi Henry

Sounds a bit like your brake pedal switch - check your brake lights work, sometimes it's not even the switch but if two or more brake lights are out it can cause the same error.

I've got a 'hybrid' version of VAGcom, I've only had a week so not had much chance to try it yet, but if thats not it let me know.

4. henry74

henry74 Member

Hi James
    Hope you and your family are well! Thanks for the info - I'll go and check my brake lights and let you know.

Cheers

Richard

5. henry74

henry74 Member

James

Brake lights checked - all functioning 100% ok! Fancy a guinea-pig for your VAGcom? :kiss:

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yeh will PM you.

EDIT: Just to prove there was method to my madness.... LINK

#5 quattrojames, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010