esp/abs fault? HELP!

nicko86

nicko86
Reaction score
guys/girls,

My battery went dead on s3 (2000). I have since rectified the one touch window error and the radio code etc but the display states a problem with the abs/esp. the esp switch doesnt work and abs just beeps at me! Im sure its just because ive disconnected the battery but dont know how to fix it! any1 had this problem before? thanks:sadlike:

You need it on the computer mate ...could be a ton of things does the lights come on straight away or when first moving? if it is when first moving it will be a sensor

It comes on when i start the car, beeps 3 times and then the symbol just flashes constantly. It only came on wen i put the battery back in! was nothing wrong before. when i turn the ignition on the abs light should go out the same as the oil lights etc.

Disconnect the battery for 20 minutes mate, see if that helps? Ideally you want to get it on vagcom though.

3 beeps isn't good, that's the car saying don't drive me! lol

I had the esp and abs lights and one beep, because there was an intermittant fault with one of the wheel speed sensors. Get it scanned and you'll know what the problem is.

3 beeps isn't good, that's the car saying don't drive me! lol

I had the esp and abs lights and one beep, because there was an intermittant fault with one of the wheel speed sensors. Get it scanned and you'll know what the problem is.

Same here. Scanned with VAG-COM, and had an intermittent Front Right sensor fault. £15 from the motor factors and an hour to remove the old one (including use of: prybar, drill, chisel), slot the new one in and Robert was my Mother's brother, so to speak.

The 3 beeps sounds more like an ABS or TC controller issue. Need to get it scanned ASAP, especially with the cr*p weather approaching rapidly!!

Cheers,

thanks guys, i think ill clean fuses, disconnect the battery and if all else fails take it to vag-com! dont htink theres a fault on the abs or esp though. cheers! ill let i know what works or doesnt!

stupid me....... found the problem.... i came slightly unplugged when i replaced the battery! dumbass! lol thanks anyway. phew!