ESP 4 w ESP Lateral Acceleration Fault

rayh77

S3 AMK Merlin Purple
Reaction score
Alright folks, got ESP light on constantly and lateral acceleration fault code (01423) Rears don't seem to be kicking in when losing grip, just fronts spinning, any yodas got any ideas or had same problems ?
Any inputs appreciated

hi ive got the same problem but mines the longitudinal sensor abs and traction control lights come on but not every day. this sensor I think is only available from audi about £120 I think.

Cheers for the replies fellas, S3ben, seen a few on EBay, but recon might have a look inside see if anything's fixable but probs buy a new one, Rupe, cheers for link, need full version of Vagcom which gonna get next couple of days so can try the reset, as when I checked channel 004 the other day, the reading is showing 7 degrees, and that's with the steering wheel straight! recon someone's ad the rack off or something at some point... 006 was asking though, so good chance the sensors goosed... although hoping reset will sort it!

That meant to say 006 was sound though

When mine was playing up and I monitored it with vcds, it appeared to be stuck on one reading, I couldn't get the readings to fluctuate at all, after fitting a new sensor and resetting it to 0.0 as per that guide, I could bounce myself around in the seat :) and watch it fluctuate from around 0.0 - 0.1 etc. They fail quite often so a second hand sensor unless it was really really cheap I think would just be throwing money away.

I did take my old sensor apart as per that other guide and re-soldered the chip, so have that as a spare now in case I do need it in the future.

The readings on mine are changing when moving the wheel, so although it's a long shot, recon prev owner might of changed the sensor but not reset on Vagcom, well that's what am hoping anyway.. if not I'll bite the bullet and buy a new one.
Cheers again m8