Error lights in dis

Beeblebrox

Reaction score
Hi i have an A4 tdi 170 2007 with after market hids fitted when I purchased the car and when I turn on the side lights before starting I get check right parking bulb on my dis once the car is started it goes away.
Also I had to replace my rear wiper motor and while changing I noticed that a bulb holder had been wired in series to my number plate lights.
I restored the original connection the I got the check number plate light on the dis I rewired the bulb holder back in and it went is this the case of after market lights fitted if so how can I fix this issue many thanks

You need to trace wiring through & understand why the rear lights were messed with in the beginning.

You should watch aftermarket hid's as this is on the mot now, so depending on tester, it may fail.

Hi just passed the mot last week thanks for the heads up I traced the wire no break in wires the number plate lights the additional bulb holder was cut in right next to the original wires connecting the wires to number plate bulb holder I disconnected that additional bulb holder and reconnected the original wires using connecting sleeves but still the light came but when I reconnected the additional bulb holder back the light disappears weird

You were lucky then, as it shouldnt of really :)

You not considered fitting oem bixenon headlights in place of the aftermarkets?

Yes but trying to find some at price I can afford this misses all ready is telling me off for a custom exhaust and dpf delete and remap so if I can get some 2008 xenon drls with ballasts and bulbs I would consider those

are the number plate leds ?
im thinking there chepo leds and they wired a spare bulb in so it dont trigger the bulb out warning

quick and efective way to do it but resistor ir the best way.

Yes but trying to find some at price I can afford this misses all ready is telling me off for a custom exhaust and dpf delete and remap so if I can get some 2008 xenon drls with ballasts and bulbs I would consider those

I can source some & install them if interested.

PM me as I dont discuss prices on the open forum mate.