1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERR 1 - error message on CD changer

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by ajmackie, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Apr 20, 2005]
    Hi

I recently bought a Panasonic DP9061 changer off ebay together with an adpator cable to connect it to the original changer lead in the boot.
    I fired it up and it played 1 cd oout of 6. Tried changing the CDs wuth brand new or no scratches and it wouldn't play any at all.
    I've tried cleaning the CD lense but to no avail.

Problem is I've bought a lead off ebay as well as this changer.
    Could it be that the lead is at fault? I'm waiting for the wiring diagram from the supplier.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?
    I've searched but could on;y find about cleaning CD lense so I've done that and still not working!

Thanks for any help
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Apr 20, 2005]
    Just searched through 85 threads on AW to try and find an answer
    Most people seem to say the changer is knackered, but a very small minority say the head unit is at fault.
    I know andymac fitted one and cleaned the lense and it fixed the problem, but i'm still getting this problem.
    it played the CD once and have tried about 15 times to get it to play again but won't play any!

any ideas?
  4. deano16v

deano16v Member

[Apr 20, 2005]
    are they proper CD's or Cdrw's??
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 20, 2005]
    I bought mine off ebay, bought the right adapter and it wouldn't play anything, just loaded each CD in turn then returned error. Can't remember what error.
    Thought ****** I've been shafted with a duff unit. As a last resort I took the cover off it and cleaned the lens with a cotton bud and some lighter fluid. You can't actually see the lens but you can see where it is, so I just poked it about a bit thinking it wouldn't make any difference, but it worked! No problems for 2 years when I sold it, for what I paid for it.
    AJ how did you clean the lens?
  6. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Apr 21, 2005]
    I took the lid off the changer. unscrewed the motor from the chasis and unclipped the lense sliding housing so that i could see the lense to work on.
    Cleaned it with lense cleaner although it didn't look dirty at all! popped it back together.
    Still didn't work! Think I've been shafted with a duff changer!!
    I checked the wiring diagram and the adaptor is all ok.

I think I've solved my probkem now.
    Won (err bought!) a connect2 sony to audi adaptor for £16 delivered. £60 brand new!
    Buying a sony T69 or 656 cd changer. £88 for t69 6 disk changer or £92 for 656 which is 10 disk. Both prices brand new! Not buying stuff which can get damaged off ebay again!! Too much hassle!
    can't decide which one? slimline 6 disk or bigger unit bigger storage?!
    The very fact that the 6 disk T69 normally costs a lot more than the 656 makes me think the T69 is of better quality.

So just need to put the audi to panasonic adaptor back on ebay and wait for the duff changer seller to reply to my email.
  7. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Apr 21, 2005]
    yeah they were proper original cds. ie bought from hmv kind of thing. and defo the right way up!
  8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 21, 2005]
    Remember you can only directly access 6 disks from the Audi HU. Discs 7-10 can only be accessed by letting disc 6 finish and waiting for the changer to select disc 7, if you then want disc 10 you have to skip to the end of 7, then wait for 8, skip that, etc etc
  9. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Apr 21, 2005]
    oh my that sounds like effort!
    am going for the 6 disk T69.
    Buying it off a seller on amazon brand new for £88! bargain!!

cheers for help!