1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPC Light on, Loss of power !!!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Digger1, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Digger1

Digger1 Member

[Mar 25, 2011]
    OK as the title says EPC light coming on at over 2000RPM above 40MPH then total loss off power, like a dead spot, let the revs die down and the EPC light goes of till the rpm goes back up, Oh and it's fine on tick-over this only happens when driving ,,,, any ideas ??? :think:
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Dilligaf-UK

Dilligaf-UK Chugging along

[Mar 25, 2011]
    I'd suggest getting it scanned with VCDS - we can then help further.
  3. Digger1

Digger1 Member

[Mar 25, 2011]
    Yeah I can get it scanned monday, Just wondered if anybody recognized the symptoms, as there's usually a mountain off knowledge on here !
  4. Dilligaf-UK

Dilligaf-UK Chugging along

[Mar 25, 2011]
    Probably all down the Pub
  5. Digger1

Digger1 Member

[Mar 25, 2011]
    LOL...

Just unplugged the MAF sensor and it drove fine,all symptoms gone !!! tho the engine management light came-on so I'm thinking it must be that but would appreciate it if some-one with VAG-COM could confirm,,, I do have someone who can check it on monday but would like to sort the prob tomorrow if poss; I'm in Brum !!!
  6. Digger1

Digger1 Member

[Mar 26, 2011]
    OK managed to get it on VAG-COM today, Exhaust Sensor 1, is the only fault , I'm assuming that's the lambarda sensor, if there's still anybody using this site
    with any knowledge please let me now...
  7. Digger1

Digger1 Member

[Mar 26, 2011]
    Tried the exhaust sensor, still the same,put back on vag-com; fault 17428 fuel pressure regulation control range exceeded,,,, any ideas ????????????????????????????
    And today it was fine until it got warm after a 15 mile drive,,, and only happened at about 60mph and above, could it be a fuel filter or pump struggling to get the fuel through when labouring at at speed ???????????
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  8. baynesey

baynesey well you better unsell them, sharpish!

[Apr 6, 2011]
    Mine has started doing exactly this, I'm well over due a fuel filter, it feels as though it's starved of fuel
  9. Malko

Malko Member

[Apr 8, 2011]
    Sounds like it could be the crank sensor or fuel lift pump. Your explanation of it feeling like its struggling with fuel would make me sway toward the lift pump? but only a suggestion.

Hope this helps!
  10. Malko

Malko Member

[Apr 8, 2011]
    Oh, forgot to mention, a lot of the sensors on the A4 don't register until the car is over 2000 rpm or so, so this would explain why/when the light comes on and is fine when idling. I can't really remember the reason for this but its something to do with stopping the car cutting out when idling.