EPC light comes on after cutting out

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right been monitoring this for the last week or so and ive found its only happening when the fuel warning is on ive scanned for faults and its showing 16706 engine speed sensor implausible signal ive checked the connection and security of the sensor and all is good i was going to just go ahead and get a new sensor but with it only doing it when the fuel light is on im thinking it could be lack of fuel or fuel pump dying maybe as the car starts after cranking for 30 seconds or so and then idles at 1200rpm with the EPC light on if i restart the car the light goes out and returns to normal idling.

Anyone had this issue before ??

It only does it with the low fuel warning on though which is puzzling me, its fine all other times id expect it to fail sporadicly if it was the sensor no ?? The car was stood for awhile (maybe 6 months or so not really sure) with around a quater of a tank of fuel ao im thinking could there be crap in the tank thats in turn dropping the fuel pressure or the pump out causing the engine to cut out. It mainly does it at traffic lights after i come to a stop but other day it did turning into a petrol station.

At £12.50 il give it ago

Also do our cars have inline fuel filter not related just want to change it if it has ??

It did it the first time yesterday with fuel light off guna do sensor then go from there.

Cheers will do fuel filter for piece of mind

Not yet no been getting my B5 stripped going to throw one on when i do the timing belt/water pump next weekend