1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPC check engine light

honda ctr Feb 9, 2018

1. honda ctr

honda ctr Active Member

When ignition is on EPC light and check engine light is on. when engine started they turn off. is this normal?

2. Svenedin

Svenedin Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro s tronic

If you turn the ignition on and wait (before starting the engine) do the lights go off?

3. honda ctr

honda ctr Active Member

No they don't

4. Svenedin

Svenedin Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro s tronic

I think you are OK if they all go out when the engine is started. All the warning lights come on when the ignition is switched on so that you could tell if a bulb had blown (if the bulb for engine warning had blown for example you would never know if it was actually trying to show you a fault unless you noticed it didn't light up when the ignition is switched on. With my car the warning lights come on but then switch off but it has virtual cockpit.

5. honda ctr

honda ctr Active Member

I've looked on YouTube they all gone on but go out. My EPC and check engine only go out when I start the engine.

6. SamR92

SamR92 Active Member Team Floret Silver Audi A3

As long as they go off when the engine is started its normal

4K likes this.
  7. honda ctr

honda ctr Active Member

Strange I never picked up on it before but clips on YouTube they come on with ignition on and off with ignition on. Mine go out with engine started.

8. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Manual

If there off once the engine is started and there not displayed whilst the car is running etc then all is well.

I had a boost issue and when the problem arised EPC light came on and stayed on until the engine was re-started. It continued until I sorted the problem.