England

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Part of me wants us to lose this game tonight.

It's the part that wishes that bunch of over-hyped, over-paid and over-precious players were humbled into realising nothing is a given.

It's also the part that looks ahead to next summer, and sees a vision of them holed up in a giant castle, cut off from the real world, while their orange-tanned, fake-boobed, hair-extensioned tarts lay waste to the shops and bars in Vienna and Zurich

jdp1962 said:
Part of me wants us to lose this game tonight.

It's the part that wishes that bunch of over-hyped, over-paid and over-precious players were humbled into realising nothing is a given.

It's also the part that looks ahead to next summer, and sees a vision of them holed up in a giant castle, cut off from the real world, while their orange-tanned, fake-boobed, hair-extensioned tarts lay waste to the shops and bars in Vienna and Zurich

Not just me then!

Hope they lose and that we have to spend next summer sitting on our asses thinking how over-rated we are.

We need to go back to basics. Grass roots, basic football. None of this "I'm a 1st team Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool player. I'm in the England side. F**k off you pretentios *****. I hear they'll be getting at least £100,000 bonus whether they qualify or not!

Where's the motivation???

You pair of turncoats look like you'll get your wetdream tonight

Now that's not very nice is it

rodenal said:
Now that's not very nice is it
Indeed

voorhees said:
You pair of turncoats look like you'll get your wetdream tonight

On the contrary, I think this is the best thing to happen to English football in years!

It will help to bring us out of the depths of mediocrity.

And they say the English have lost their pride......
Oh how we love to bitch & moan about anything other than our own mediocrity, but wishing our national team would fail as some twisted lesson to the players is quite honestly beyond belief.
If you think they're a waste of space, then do you honestly think they give a toss about not qualifying? - they get the summer off for fucksake!
Just a shame we'll miss the lift of a decent competition next year. We wouldn't win it but we certainly needed the practice.

AndyMac said:
And they say the English have lost their pride......
Oh how we love to bitch & moan about anything other than our own mediocrity, but wishing our national team would fail as some twisted lesson to the players is quite honestly beyond belief.
If you think they're a waste of space, then do you honestly think they give a toss about not qualifying? - they get the summer off for fucksake!
Just a shame we'll miss the lift of a decent competition next year. We wouldn't win it but we certainly needed the practice.

Originally I did want them to qualify, but we just seem to scrape in EVERYWHERE. 9/10 it comes down to the last game.

TBH, I'm tired of it. We have some of the best players in the world, and would probably make 50% of an international dream team. If we qualified tonight, it would be remembered and praised tomorrow, but forgotten about in June. Then we would be expected to win in June, and heads would roll. It would start all over again.

It happens every tournament. We need to get back what we had years ago, when at least we lost because we were outplayed.

IMHO, getting paid 100k whether you qualify or not is a farce.

Did we win, I bet we walked all over them oh happy days just hope the weather is good next summer and that the smoking ban gets overturned so that i can sit in the pub shouting on the boys they must be really proud to wear those three lions on there shirts knowing that the country is wishing/willing them on to success

We did not deseve to even qualify. At the end of the day if you are in a situation where you need Israel to do you a favour and you cannot even capitalize on that, then you have got no chance, and no right being there.

Micah Richards was playing for himself tonight and was not getting back to defend quick enough. You cannot take riskes like that, not in such an important game.

Dropping Robbo was a mistake too, he had a lot to prove tonight. Unfortuntaley too much was asked of Carson and the pressure got to him so he made a simple mistake to let the 1st goal in after that his **** went.

Beckham made a big difference when he came on. If only McClaren could have learnt from his previous mistake of leaving him out.

Gerrard and Lampard still cannot play together, when will they learn??

Crouch's goal was brilliant.

I feel sorry for the pubs, they are allready struggling with the tax on beer and smoking bans in certain places and this will cost them Millions next summer.

More importantly what are all the football loving Brits going to do next summer?

Is Strictly come dancing back on then????:shrug:

Question is who would you have take over McClaren??

Martin Jol or Jose Mourinho for me.

Brian Barwick needs to go too.

I honestly think mourihno would tell england to take a run n jump

After picking Mclaren over o'neill before(god knows why) i have a feeling he'd do the same.

Who's left for you, Allardice???

LaSarthe&Back said:
Indeed

On the contrary, I think this is the best thing to happen to English football in years!

It will help to bring us out of the depths of mediocrity.
You are a ****

If England is so **** then **** off to Croatia

voorhees said:
If England is so **** then **** off to Croatia

At least u'd have some1 to cheer on next summer :)

Sam-K said:
Some people get WELL emotional over football. it's not like anyone has died is it?!
yes your right no one has yet

by the way Sam your wheels look **** :laugh:

jdp1962 said:
So explain to me please, Andy, what there is to be proud about in the England football team.
Jeff it's not just about football. When the team does well in any major competition it really lifts the whole country - remember Euro '96?
I'm sorry but it's just a very sad reflection on what's happened to this country over the last few years that we have English people hoping we lose in the misguided belief it will teach anyone a lesson.
When we top the charts in Europe for under age pregnancy, binge drinking & being ****** over by the rest of the world, do you really want our sporting achievements to follow suit. Whatever you think of the players or the manager, or even the sport, deep down you want them to do well. That's part of our culture & our way of life which seems now to be following the same route as every other aspect of English life. No respect, no pride, no belief, no passion. Just a country of angry, stupid people, revelling in the misery of being English, out for what they can get with as little effort as possible, destroying anything worthwhile along the way.
Very very sad.

voorhees said:
You are a ****

Wow... what a well thought out and considered retort. I'm glad that discussions are adult around here. I hope you won't be educating your kids to that level of debating skill.

I love football like every other bloke. What I don't like is seeing us get to every tournament and get knocked out by lesser teams, purely because we can't play to the standard we know we should.

Tell me, would you rather we scrape into every tounament for the next 20 years, and when we get knocked out, pep talk ourselves that we had a dodgy ref, or striker X wasn't on top of his game... OR we don't qualify for ONE tournament, get our act together for the next and be all the better for it??!?!

I know which one I'd rather.

AndyMac said:
Jeff it's not just about football. When the team does well in any major competition it really lifts the whole country - remember Euro '96?
I'm sorry but it's just a very sad reflection on what's happened to this country over the last few years that we have English people hoping we lose in the misguided belief it will teach anyone a lesson.
When we top the charts in Europe for under age pregnancy, binge drinking & being ****** over by the rest of the world, do you really want our sporting achievements to follow suit. Whatever you think of the players or the manager, or even the sport, deep down you want them to do well. That's part of our culture & our way of life which seems now to be following the same route as every other aspect of English life. No respect, no pride, no belief, no passion. Just a country of angry, stupid people, revelling in the misery of being English, out for what they can get with as little effort as possible, destroying anything worthwhile along the way.
Very very sad.

Please don't be so quick to pass judgement, Andy.

I'm very proud to be British, I sing the national anthem, have the utmost respect for those who deserve it, war veterans, armed forces personnel, hard working Joe's, teachers, firefighters and police to name but a few.

The country of angry stupid people may have some[small]thing to do with English sport being poor. I do really, honestly and seriously want them to do well, and had they qualified, would have fully supported them. To me, it's a matter of one small step back to take more steps forward. Club managers do it every day, so why shouldn't it be the same for a national side? It's not about teaching them a lesson, it's about opening their eyes.

Producing something from grass roots level, so that we become one of the best at it would do alot more to turn the country around than a few ASBO's.

"Tell me, would you rather we scrape into every tounament for the next 20 years, and when we get knocked out, pep talk ourselves that we had a dodgy ref, or striker X wasn't on top of his game... OR we don't qualify for ONE tournament, get our act together for the next and be all the better for it??!?!

I know which one I'd rather."

Well its the English attitude we have to have a scapegoat

Oh and if I need advice on how to bring my children up I won't hesitate to be knocking on your door :yes: