1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine warning light

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by thehogester, Dec 1, 2013.

1. thehogester

thehogester Member

The lights come on, but the cars running fine as far as i can tell. Is it worth getting a fault code reader. or just take it to a garage to scan?

Im pretty sure the thermostat needs replacing, but im worried it might be something else that im not noticing.
  2. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Active Member

Its worth getting it scanned. Could be something simple. But you dont want the worst case scenario
  3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Definitely get a proper scan using VCDS. But don't rush to pay a garage to do it. Check out the VCDS forum to find a forum member near you who has the necessary software. Then negotiate a price in beer vouchers.
  4. thehogester

thehogester Member

Just had a strange one. On the way home from work the ESP symbol lit up on my dash, as if I'd turned it off. Pressing the ESP button made no difference. Once I turned off the engine, and turned the ignition again it was fine.

Any ideas what I did there?
  5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

Sounds like an intermittent fault that cleared itself - something else to scan with VCDS.