1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Swap question

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by ALucard-, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ALucard-

ALucard- New Member

Greetings,

I stumbled upon your forum while searching for info about my audi, and since i cant really find what im looking for i suppose i will ask for it over here :p

I currently drive a Audi Coupe '89 based on the B3 platform. It wearing a NG engine which i must say is really doing well but im a speed demon and i want more out of this car :racer:

I have looked and asked around and from what i have seen i can fit either the 7A (2.3 litre 170BHP) engine or the NM(2.0 160 litre 160BHP). From what i have seen through the internet and in most auto selling sites i can only find the 7A engine but only in quattro cars! I am absolutely certain that they sold 7A engines in Audi 90's that were non quattro...

As for the NM engine i was told it was only released in Switzerland and nowhere else!

Due to taxes based on cc's here in Greece i am mostly interested in purchasing a NM engine.(you have to register your car every year, the 2.0 litre registration costs 160 euros the 2.3 litre costs 420).

Anyone got any ideas-info on these two things?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew
  2. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

3. scotty33

scotty33 Member

In the UK there were 2wd 20v's (7A) both coupe and sedan models.

I read that the NM was mainly destined for Italy, also for tax reasons. It was not as far as I know imported into the UK.