1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine suddenly lost power and then it came back

Patrick_c99 Jun 24, 2013

1. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

Hi. I was driving home last night when all of a sudden my car just bogged down and lost power, it was only for about a second. Then I came back or couple seconds a bogged down again. It did this a couple time in the space of a couple minutes and then was fine to drive again. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? It's a 2005 2.0 140 tdi.

If anyone lives near and is able to plug a vagcom into the car it would be gratefully appreciated. But I'm afraid all I could pay you in is some cider and steak dinner. Lol.

Many thanks

Patrick

2. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Buddy we are not mind readers.. where are you 'near ' to?????????????? :banghead: Think my VCDS lead will strecth from Lincoln?

Check battery connection. Then poss fuel issue i.e. small amount water or fuel filter partially blocked.

3. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

Sorry. I'm in aldershot/ Southampton. I've checked the battery and the terminals are fine. These cars continue to run if you disconnect the battery after starting it anyway. Benefit of a diesel lol.

And can't see any signs of water in diesel.

4. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Could it be a bad maf my van does this when I nail it through surface water due to the maf getting wet

5. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

Could be. But I don't have vagcom to check 😟 would by it but have a newborn draining my funds lol

6. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member

has the car got traction control /esp, any slip or spin and power will be cut back.

7. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Been in that situation twice myself the drain doesn't stop soon it will be touran for you

8. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

Lol haha. Maybe a s4. 😃 hehe. Well when this one kicks the bucket. Which will prob be soon with my Miss's driving. She's nearly writ it off once already lol haha

9. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

It's got traction control but I was on a flat straight dry piece of road and the light never came on like it usually does if its activated.

10. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

Anyone have vagcom?

11. coxy8329

coxy8329 Member

Patrick check the VCDS users map here

12. Patrick_c99

Patrick_c99 Member

Finally got the car scanned. And I've got 2 dodgy injectors and my torsion value is at -1