Engine suddenly lost power and then it came back

Patrick_c99

Reaction score
Hi. I was driving home last night when all of a sudden my car just bogged down and lost power, it was only for about a second. Then I came back or couple seconds a bogged down again. It did this a couple time in the space of a couple minutes and then was fine to drive again. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? It's a 2005 2.0 140 tdi.

If anyone lives near and is able to plug a vagcom into the car it would be gratefully appreciated. But I'm afraid all I could pay you in is some cider and steak dinner. Lol.

Many thanks

Patrick

Buddy we are not mind readers.. where are you 'near ' to?????????????? :banghead: Think my VCDS lead will strecth from Lincoln?

Check battery connection. Then poss fuel issue i.e. small amount water or fuel filter partially blocked.

Sorry. I'm in aldershot/ Southampton. I've checked the battery and the terminals are fine. These cars continue to run if you disconnect the battery after starting it anyway. Benefit of a diesel lol.

And can't see any signs of water in diesel.

Sorry. I'm in aldershot/ Southampton. I've checked the battery and the terminals are fine. These cars continue to run if you disconnect the battery after starting it anyway. Benefit of a diesel lol.

And can't see any signs of water in diesel.

Could it be a bad maf my van does this when I nail it through surface water due to the maf getting wet

Could be. But I don't have vagcom to check ������ would by it but have a newborn draining my funds lol
Been in that situation twice myself the drain doesn't stop soon it will be touran for you

Lol haha. Maybe a s4. 😃 hehe. Well when this one kicks the bucket. Which will prob be soon with my Miss's driving. She's nearly writ it off once already lol haha