1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine sound from speakers

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by harvey01, Jun 30, 2012.

1. harvey01

harvey01 Member

[Jun 30, 2012]
    hi all im having troble with my new sound system as im getting engine sound when i turn the head wright down ive got all the speakers running from an amp how do i sort it ?:think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Jun 30, 2012]
    Grounding issue!

Check speaker wiring for short-circuits, make certain the head unit & amp are grounded properly.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 30, 2012]
    Some detail about the system you have would be useful. As said above alternator whine is induced because of a grounding issue of some sort, either the earth on the amp or the HU, if this is poor then you get a disparity between the earth at the HU and at the amp and this is what causes the interference as a tiny current will flow through the screen on the RCA's. It can also be poor quality RCA cables or poor quality amp. It won't be anything to do with the speakers or speaker wiring.
  5. harvey01

harvey01 Member

[Jul 1, 2012]
    hi mate ive got vibe everything im going to look at the earths today its not realy a alternator sound but ill let you now if i have any joy