Engine remaps

pherbert

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone out there had completed a remap in the UK, if so who by, how did you choose between them, cost, power gain etc. I have checked out AMD and QS, and would like to hear peoples experiences!

Many thanks

I've had remaps on my last two Audis although not on my B8. May people buy on price and are happy but they're are exceptions. I personally always like to compare maps as they can deliver power in different ways. Some are peaking and some are very smooth. Some post a really high peak bhp figure but if it peaks to that then most of the time you're nowhere near it. I prefer a smoother map where you may have 95% of the other maps power but you're getting it a lot more of the time.

There are many many remaps out there. There's off the shelf generic ones, some tweaked generic ones and then custom ones (well they're meant to be). It's not easy to compare them all as many don't show the dyno graphs so it's impossible to tell without driving one .... and most places won't have a car where you can.

It of course also depends where you live and if you're wiling to travel. Perhaps if you put up the car you have (engine etc) and your location, some peeps may be able to help you narrow down your choices.

Last edited:
I was very close to getting apr stage 1 for my 2.0tfsi,but awesome parted company with them.I have asked about revo stage 1 but they dont do it for my car yet.Has anyone used blufin on there audi?