1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine rebuild required on a B8 @68k

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by A4B8Sline, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[May 2, 2014]
    My nearest dealer advised taking out the warranty then wait three months before claiming.

My father took his A3 for a service and said to the guy he was thinking about buying a TT 2.0T, but knew there was problems with the oil. He was advised it was a common problem on the 59 and 60 plate engines and that it was £100 for the repair! I know my main dealer charges almost £150 per hour!
  2. Bustamoves

Bustamoves Flat Foot Shifting

[May 3, 2014]
    Is that £100 repair on a warranty quote?
    I'll jump all over that!
  3. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[May 3, 2014]
    I really don't know. The guy said it was a straight forward repair where they just need to replace the rings.... My dealer is saying its 20 hours of work!

I've just reviewed the warranty details and for £620 with £250 excess and limited to 15,000miles in the year or 1 year whichever comes first, it states:

3.1 Extended Comprehensive Warranty
    For vehicles under 100,000 miles at the date of purchase
    3.1.1 What is covered?
    You are covered for the costs (limited to parts and labour inclusive of VAT up to the maximum
    claim limit) of repairing or replacing factory-fitted components that have suffered a sudden
    Electrical or mechanical failure occurring within the area of cover and during the Period of
    insurance.
    3.1.2 What is not covered?
    • Any failure attributable to the effects of overheating is not regarded as a mechanical failure
    under the terms of this insurance
    • General oil leaks (except where the removal of the engine or gearbox is necessary in order to
    rectify the oil leak)

and it goes on......