Engine rebuild required on a B8 @68k

As per title really. I own a 2009 A4 2.0t. I've had it just over a year and it's been faultless apart from Being heavy on oil. I'm sure most of you have read dozens of threads on oil consumption on the 2.0t. Well mine has been no different. I'm going through a litre of oil every 800-1000 miles. I sent it to audi for a oil consumption test which finished this week. No surprise to say it failed. I'm now faced with a repair which includes conrods, pistons and rings. Car has just covered 68k. The bill is going to be quite steep in the region of 3k+. Have any of you 2.0t owners had a piston change with positive results? I'm worried ill pay for a expensive repair and still have an issue. Although the car is out of warranty my local dealership is quite confident audi will pay for some of the repair. Currently waiting to hear. Shame really because the car is great.

I just had my piston and rings replaced on my '10 a4 b8 at no cost. Audi of Fairfield even went to the lengths of changing my timing chain and tensioner at no cost. My car failed 2 oil consumption tests within 2 weeks. The odometer read 27.5K miles on it when the first test was done. I only put 50 miles on since the work was done but hoping all is good now. Audi has agreed to free of charge repairs on all a4 b8 under 100k miles on them. Good luck