Engine rear torque link

MURRAYS444

Reaction score
Just asking has anyone had problems with this as one of the bolts has fallen out of mine when changing gear I found the bolt lying on the road and put it back in does anyone know what might have caused this?

Yeah got a bit worried but the thread on the bolt was ok and I just out it back in cheers for the response!

Ok the same bolt has came out again :mad: and all I know it came out going round a bend I put it back in again but does anyone know what the problem could be?

definately due to being loose lol

have you looked at the thread on the bolt?

your torque wrenching it properly?

i think those are stretch bolts anyway. go down the dealer and get a pair of new bolts

^^^ what he said... or use threadlock... new Audi bolts are mostly threadlocked anyway...

<tuffty/>

i was thinking thread lock... but that would be over kill and would be masking the problem. the manuals dont mention it and ive not taken one off yet with thread lock on it

thread lock wont do any harm but it could mask the problem, ie if the captive nuts are damage

I just used a wrench to tighten it up and I didn't want to thread the bolt, but the thread on the bolt was ok apart from marks left by it hitting the road. I have marked up the head of the bolt to see if there was any movement but bolts are cheap I think I will buy a new one tomorrow

My threads ripped out of the gearbox.. had to put a helecoil in.
Possibly similar?