Engine oil recommendations for the 2.5 v6 tdi

Nathen

Reaction score
Just wondering what engine oil people recommend for the 2.5 v6 tdi 163ps, i know it has to be fully synth but what brand do people recommend and also ive read it should be 5w40, mines due a service and i want to decent oil and if anyone knows how much oil the engine takes that would be great info to, cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just wondering what engine oil people recommend for the 2.5 v6 tdi 163ps, i know it has to be fully synth but what brand do people recommend and also ive read it should be 5w40, mines due a service and i want to decent oil and if anyone knows how much oil the engine takes that would be great info to, cheers

Cant go wrong with Quantum Longlife 111 at around £25 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant go wrong with Quantum Longlife 111 at around £25 delivered.

5w40 or 5w30? Im at euro car parts and they dont do quantum would shell helix ultra or castrol magnatec be any good?

Give me a couple of minutes to check.

5w40 or 5w30? Im at euro car parts and they dont do quantum would shell helix ultra or castrol magnatec be any good?

Better using Castrol Edge 5w40 than Magnetic, or if you can get it and don't mind paying go for Miller's Nanodrive 5w40. Regular oil changes are more important than the brands so long as it meets your VW specifications (ie 501, 502, 505, etc; each oil will meet different grades).

5b41bd58c7ffad2b99f2a4fcb7d160b5.jpg

Order it on your phone for click and collect and use code SAVE33

Hi all thanks for the quick replies i really needed the help, im on a bit of a budget at the mo as ive only just bought the car at £50 shy of £2k then forked out £260 for 3 budget tyres and £600 odd on all my belts tensioners and water pump change so i went for Petronas syntium 5000xs 5W30 fully synthetic it meets the vw grades 505.01 if this oil is rubbish let me know as im not doing the service untill saturday and ill swap it for castrol edge but its a bit more expensive, bosch fuel filter and oil filter and a K&N panel air filter cheers for help once again.