'Engine oil pressure' warning light on 2004 Audi S4

Simon S4

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought a 2004 Audi S4 in immaculate condition and full Audi service history from a reputable dealer. 1 day into ownership, and after having driven 30 miles a red warning light 'engine oil pressure' came up :(- I checked the engine oil level and it was fine - car is in garage now and they suspect it might be a faulty sensor - but should I be worried about the health of the engine? What is the likely cause? Sensor fault? Any expereicnes with this sort of message?

Thanks
:s4addict:
Simon

yes be worried and dont drive or start it till its been checked
if its pick up pipe blocked you run the risk of ******* your engine
make sure they do a good check
worst of its gonna be sump off new pick up pipe and ur sorted

btw the oil preasure light aint nothing to do with low oil theres a diff light for that

Yellow oil can symbol on DIS = low oil level, top up as soon as convenient

Red oil can symbol on DIS = low oil pressure, turn off engine immediately and do not start it again until problem is found and fixed

yes be worried and dont drive or start it till its been checked
if its pick up pipe blocked you run the risk of ******* your engine
make sure they do a good check
worst of its gonna be sump off new pick up pipe and ur sorted

btw the oil preasure light aint nothing to do with low oil theres a diff light for that

Hi Bez - what do you mean by 'new pick up pipe'? ...and how much is that likely to cost? Thx

pick up pipe connects to the oil pump
pulls oil from the sump
and depends on the garages labour charges the pick up aint to much but its a sump off job

did you try the sensor 1st ?

yep tried sensor and that is all ok...so looks like a 'sump off job'... any tips in terms of garages in surrey (ideally near guildford)?

Thanks