Engine OIL level

A3

Reaction score
hi..need some advice :(

basically, my "check engine oil" signal came up on the DIS..so i put in about 1 litre of oil..

but the signal is still on the DIS???

its been about a day now

anyone have any ideas?

have you checked how much is showing on the dipstick? Like Boydie said you might need to put more in yet

Warm car up,park on level ground,find lever marked bonnet release (use manual if unsure) Release and lift bonnet.Find dipstic (manual again for location) Remove said dipstic, clean off oil on end of dipstic,refit dipstic,remove and check to see if oil is up to the level mark on the dipstic. If not put more oil in and recheck.If oil level is okay possible error with dis info.
OR if you are female drive into main audi dealer smile sweetly act blonde,then ask them to check it.
OR give up driving :icon_thumright:

lol **** off @ dipstic

i thought the whole dipstick malarki would go without saying..i have checked it and its well over the minimum..but thats after leaving it an hour after driving..should i check it when its completely cold?

lol, bit of Friday humour,:) sounds like you have a problem with the dis info if its close or above the full mark . I always check mine after a few minutes of running the engine.

hmm looks like a trip to the stealership it is!

thanks for the help or shall i say humour! :icon_thumright: