1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Mounts

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Boydie, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Boydie

Boydie Guest

Are these a common part to go on the A3 TDI's?

As you would expect, a tdi will judder around quite a bit but when facing my car..the left engine mount seems quite sturdy where as the right seems more loose

Is this a sign that they are on their way out?

Can you get aftermarket mounts or bushes for the engine?

Thanks
  2. RobinA3

RobinA3 Active Member

Excessive engine movement is a sign of worn engine mounts but they tend to last a few years and high mileages before they need replacing.

Powerflex should do engine mounts for your car.
  3. Boydie

Boydie Guest

might look into it to be honest, the car is on 76k at the minute and is 4.5years old
  4. JustCharlie

JustCharlie Member

It is suprising how much the engine moves around, when I've had my car on the rollers its shocked me how much the engine rocks backward and forwards. I'd be suprised if yours ar knackered with those miles
  5. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

An uprated dogbone mount bush or insert would sort out the engine rocking. I don`t think Powerflex do a kit for the Audi A3 2.0 PD unless a kit from another make/model would fit. Powerflex home page HERE
  6. emzino

emzino Active Member

When starting or shutting off the engine, it moves back and forth quite alot.

Friend of mine said it's normal because TDI's are high compression but I have my doubts...