Engine mounts

ok so the 2 top mounts are on, the dogbone mount was not fitted as the garage checked and said it looked ok, but the mechanic said that he does not know if the large bush comes with the dogbone mount and said that is the culprit! we had the car started and waited until the engine was warm (this is when i feel most vibration) and then had the car up on the lift and here is what is happening...

My Audi :: a693f4ba.mp4 video by itwasntme187 - Photobucket

now it looks bad as the bushes are cracked. now i will be getting the powerflex insert to stop the shaking and have found from the powerflex site that us diesel drivers will need PFF85-504R

as you guys can see my bushes are gone and the mechanic says he will need to get the subframe off to change it... now i wanted to ask you guys that know about this stuff, does this large bush come as a part of the dogbone mount and if not then does the subframe really need to be taken off to replace it?

No they come separate. The bush is about 40-50 from audi, and yes the subframe needs to come out. Can be a hard tight fit to get the new bush in

ok thanks for that, i guess il get the mechanic to order that bit and il get the powerflex insert and fit that myself at some point.

Bumping this one up from the depths...

At the end of all this you went with the THS top mounts & OEM dog-bone & subframe mounts? Whats your opinion on it all, are the vibration issues sorted?

No went for the THS top mounts and the powerflex insert. Dropping out the subframe was too much of a job so didn't bother, the powerflex insert is really good. I don't feel any vibration in the cabin anymore, just a noisy diesel engine lol

I have a small vibration when the Air Con is turned off as soon as I turn it on it goes .....Do you know what that is Ash ?

That's how mine started!
There are a few things you can do to test... For instance tuen off the air con and see if it vibrates when you are on a hill? Like at a traffic light... And then try dipping the clutch and see if it goes away
does it vibrate jus when stationary or does it feel rough while driving?
Also do you get any noises in your engine bay like clicking or whining?

No went for the THS top mounts and the powerflex insert. Dropping out the subframe was too much of a job so didn't bother, the powerflex insert is really good. I don't feel any vibration in the cabin anymore, just a noisy diesel engine lol

Cheers Ash, just what I wanted to hear... Dropping the subframe out looks like a right ballache so the insert & top mounts sounds like the way to go :)

which insert did u get yellow or red......

fitted red gearbox mount today when changing oil an the ramps nice simple job pushed straight it no problems.

The only vibration I get is in reverse but I'm sure that will reduce